A.M. Links: Obama Reelected, Republicans Keep House, Democrats Hold Senate, LP Has Best Showing Since 1980, WA and CO Legalize Pot, California Keeps Death Penalty.
- Obama beat Mitt Romney. The President said that "the best is yet to come" in a victory speech to supporters in Chicago.
- Republicans kept the House and Democrats still hold the Senate, despite many changes. Republicans celebrated the successes of candidates such as Thomas Massie, who won Kentucky's 4th Congressional seat, and mourned the loss of incumbent Sen. Scott Brown, who lost to Elizabeth Warren.
- The Libertarian Party had its best result since 1980, with Gary Johnson winning one percent of the popular vote.
- Voters in Colorado and Washington have legalized marijuana for adult possession. Now we just have to wait and see what the DEA does.
- Maine and Maryland both passed propositions recognizing gay marriage.
- Californians have voted to keep the death penalty.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.