Bernanke Defends QE3, Fiscal Cliff Means a Tax Hike for Most Americans, Fast and Furious Guns Linked to Murders: P.M. Links
Printing money is good, and will save us all, says Ben Bernanke. So, why stop? Ever?
- That "fiscal cliff" that everybody keeps talking about … Among other things, it means a tax hike for 90 percent of Americans, to the tune of half a trillion dollars, if Congress doesn't make some much-needed tweaks.
- Eurozone unemployment is mired at a record 11.4 percent while the continental economy drifts in a recession-ish direction. Well … Less "drifting" and more "plummeting."
- Fifty-seven weapons run by the ATF into Mexico were linked by Univision to specific murder victims.
- A British man spent several months in custody after a DNA sample contaminated by lousy lab procedures linked him to a rape he didn't commit.
- That California man who made an anti-Islamic film has a new bounty on his head, this one placed by a Pakistani former lawmaker. Ummm … Pakistan's legal code seems to have a few holes.
- One of those weird Simon-Says-everybody-freeze drills the TSA has been conducting in airports was captured on video and posted to YouTube where it went viral. People now have even more reason to enjoy air travel.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.