Source: No Demonstration Before Attack on Consulate in Benghazi
That anti-Islamic film looks more and more like just a cover
An intelligence source on the ground in Libya told Fox News that there was no demonstration outside the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi prior to last week's attack—challenging the Obama administration's claims that the assault grew out of a "spontaneous" protest against an anti-Islam film.
The intelligence source said no protests were happening before the attackers struck at about 9:35 p.m. local time last Tuesday. The account backs up claims by a purported Libyan security guard who told McClatchy Newspapers late last week that the area was quiet before the attack.