Political Motive for FRC Shooting, Ranks of Independents Grow, Mind-Reading Drones?: P.M. Links
Floyd Lee Corkins II, the fellow who allegedly opened fire at the Family Research Council offices, seems to have some differences of political opinion with the group.
- In battleground states, Republicans lose voters and Democrats lose lots of voters, even as the ranks of independents grow.
- Mitt Romney, somehow, is pulling 41 percent of the youth vote that previously embraced Obamania. Don't ask us to explain.
- Locked in a tight race for the Senate in Montana, incumbent Sen. Jon Tester has turned to a crowd-pleaser in the libertarian-minded state: bashing the Patriot Act.
- Sure, mosque-goers may have had their civil liberties violated by FBI surveillance, says a judge, but that pales by comparison to the risk of revealing government secrets by letting a lawsuit procede.
- Interfacing your brain with a thought-responsive machine could reveal sensitive stuff! So … umm … be careful?
- Drones are getting smaller, deadlier and more autonomous. You know where this is going.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.