A.M. Links: DOJ Sues Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, Joe Biden Apologizes to the President, Bachmann Withdraws Swiss Citizenship
The Department of Justice filed a civil lawsuit against the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office for its detention and profiling practices. "They're using me for the Latino vote, showing that they're doing something, taking on the sheriff over an alleged racial profiling," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said.
- The GSA refuses to release hundreds of thousands of documents requested through FOIA, because of the ongoing investigations.
- As he begins to hit on gay rights on the campaign trial, President Obama raised $15 million for his campaign in a Hollywood fundraiser headlined by George Clooney.
- Joe Biden apologized to President Obama for saying publicly he was "totally comfortable" with same-sex marriage, pushing Obama's timetable for the announcement up. "Would I have preferred to have done this in my own way, in my own terms, without I think, there being a lot of notice to everybody? Sure," the president said. "But all's well that ends well."
- Michele Bachmann withdrew her Swiss citizenship. "I took this action because I want to make it perfectly clear: I was born in America and I am a proud American citizen," she said.
- Hope you only penciled in that December 21st date for the end of the world. A newly discovered Mayan calendar, the oldest, runs into the future indefinitely.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content!
New at ReasonTV: "The Vampire Economist and the Moral Molecule"