Reason Morning Links: OMB Knew Solyndra Deal Could Be Disastrous, Pot Grower Wins Restraining Order Against County, Gitmo Still Gitmo
- Office of Management and Budget email sent January 31, 2011: "The optics of a Solyndra default will be bad. The timing will likely coincide with the 2012 campaign season heating up."
- Other stimulus recipients have gone belly up.
- California pot grower wins restraining order to keep county from seizing his plants.
- An update from Gitmo: "Visitors can glimpse fading copies of Obama's Jan. 22, 2009 closure order in the recreation yards of the camp for low-value captives — al Qaeda foot soldiers, training camp wannabes, Taliban militiamen. An earlier admiral had guards hang the order for the captives to see while his team built a blueprint for closure. But recently, the guard force began taking some copies down. 'They were tattered or unreadable,' said Navy Cmdr Tamsen Reese, camp spokeswoman."
- A group of Silicon Valley venture capitalists hopes to register five million conservative Christian voters for 2012.
- Rep. Dennis Kucinich lives.
New at Reason.tv: "Smoking Bans Are No Match for New Yorkers"