Reason Morning Links: Hello to Bill Daley, Goodbye to Ellen Weiss, A Passing Wave at the Constitution
- Barack Obama picks a new chief of staff.
- A former CIA officer faces charges for leaking classified material to the press.
- Packages ignite in two government buildings in Maryland, leaving two workers with slightly burnt fingers.
- Congress collectively reads the Constitution, though most legislators don't stick around for the whole thing.
- NPR's news editor resigns following a review of the Juan Williams affair.
- Egyptian Muslims show solidarity with Coptic Christians by serving as shields at Christmas Eve masses.
- Defense Secretary Robert Gates wants to slow the growth of the military budget (but not actually reduce it) by cutting in some areas and increasing others.
- The Richmond police accidentally release their homeland security and crowd control guides to local anarchists.