- President Obama's relationship with congresssional Democrats has soured unprecedentedly since the botched Obamacare rollout. New polling shows public opinion of the president and his healthcare law have hit new lows. An Obamacare official said that 40 percent of IT systems supporting the federal exchange still need to be built.
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who previously opposed a taxpayer bailout for Detroit, will travel to there next month to offer his fix for the struggling city.
- Newly released documents show that the NSA used the legal precedence of sobriety checkpoints and mandatory drug testing to justify collecting metadata.
- Voters in Albuquerque, New Mexico struck down a proposed late-term abortion ban by a wide margin.
- Serial killer Joseph Paul Franklin was executed this morning after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected his final requests for a stay.
- Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei refuses to back down on Iran's nuclear rights.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.