- Officials in Pakistan have banned the book written by Malala Yousafzai from private schools, saying that the 16-year-old girls education advocate, who was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman last year, is a tool of the West.
- Secretary of State John Kerry said that the U.S. and its allies had agreed on a proposal relating to Iran’s nuclear program, but Iranian officials were unable to accept the deal.
- U.S. Marines have arrived in the Philippines in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan.
- MTV censored Miley Cyrus smoking an apparent joint at the EMAs last night.
- Miami Herald reporter Jim Wyss, who was detained by Venezuelan authorities on Thursday, has been released.
- Two have been killed and 68 injured in clashes involving migrant workers in the Saudi city of Riyadh following the beginning of a nationwide crackdown on illegal workers.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.