- declare its chemical weapons and stop producing them. Israeli officials have joined some American leaders in thinking the agreement by Syria to hand over chemical weapons to Russia is just a bid to buy time. Vladimir Putin says that for the agreement to work, the United States has to abandon the possibility of airstrikes. Syria has agreed to
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has broken from leadership and has announced that he opposes a military strike on Syria.
- A House bill to delay implementation of the individual mandate of the Affordable Care Act for a year would save $35 billion over 10 years, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
- Al Qaeda is neither “decimated” nor “on the run,” and United States intelligence knows it.
- Apple's new, improved iPhone was announced today, and the rest of this sentence doesn’t even matter, does it?
- If your kid is fortunate enough to get a math teacher from the Teach for America program, a new study says he or she is likely getting the equivalent of an extra month of instruction over a traditional educator.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.