- entered "not guilty" pleas to all charges, setting the ground for one of the more high-profile trials in a while. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
- Lawmakers from Colorado and Washington want to remove the regulatory barriers that prevent legal marijuana businesses in their states from using banking services.
- The White House knew months ago that Obamacare implemention was floundering and would have to be severely scaled back.
- Before Bradley Manning leaked classified information, the U.S. military considered WikiLeaks to be a journalistic operation, an expert on media law told the court.
- Three lawsuits look to overturn state-level bans on same-sex marriage in North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
- Legislation introduced by Sen. Leahy, supposedly to increase oversight of the NSA, actually makes it harder to challenge national security letters. Whoops!
- Hawthorne, California, police say a second video of a puppycide justifies the shooting, but many people still wonder why the stupid bust took place to begin with.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year’s Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.