- testify before the House Ways & Means Committee later today. Former IRS chief Steve Miller, whose resignation was planned before the agency’s political targeting practices came to light but announced afterward as a sign the administration took the scandal seriously, will
- Democratic strategists have descended on the White House to help the Democratic strategists in the White House deal with the snowballing scandals they’re facing. Spoiler alert: they’ll probably blame Republicans.
- More than a decade of federal oversight of the LAPD ended this week by a decree from a judge and not because the federal monitors concluded the department no longer needed it.
- President Obama pledged to end the “scourge” of sexual assault in the military while acknowledging there was no “silver bullet.”
- The U.S. military may put boots on the ground in Libya while trying to capture or kill the alleged Benghazi attackers.
- CIA director John Brennan made an unannounced trip to Israel, meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu and other officials to talk about the situation in Syria.
- Venezuela is facing a toilet paper shortage. The government blames the opposition. Sound familiar?
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.