- highest levels since June 2008, while at 7.7 percent, the U.S. unemployment rate has fallen to its lowest level since December 2008. Global shares are at their
- Former Ron Paul adviser Jesse Benton, who now works for Mitch McConnell, helped Rand Paul plan his filibuster and gain support for it from the Republican establishment. Senators from both parties say it’ll encourage more similar filibusters. Democrats, meanwhile, were hard pressed to explain their absence from the Paul filibuster—they had “stuff” to do.
- The internal affairs division of the Peoria PD in Arizona will investigate whether a traffic safety checkpoint was actually an immigration checkpoint.
- 80 percent of New York City high school graduates don’t have the skills to go to college.
- A million dollar’s worth of marijuana was found on a boat that crashed into a California beach.
- North Korea is scrapping its non-aggression pacts with South Korea, as well as shutting down the hot line and shared border point, while the White House says the U.S. is safe from any North Korean missile attack.
- Vietnamese Cardinal Jean-Baptiste Pham Minh Man was the last to arrive in the Vatican for the papal conclave, which is expected to be scheduled today.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is in Venezuela for Hugo Chavez’s funeral.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!