- Despite doomsday chatter emanating from D.C., those in the know say that the sequestration date of March 1 is likely to come and go with minimal impact. You didn't think it would be that easy to stop the government, did you?
- Asked by a French government minister to continue taking over a Goodyear plant, the head of Titan International penned a letter back asking, "How stupid do you think we are?" and savaging the local labor force's work ethic. Yes, there's a bit of a kerfuffle over this in France.
- Chris Christie appears to be rubbing New Jersey voters the right way. A Quinnipiac University poll has Christie at 74 percent approval in the state—the highest for a governor in 17 years.
- Oakland, California, Mayor Jean Quan’s neighbors plan to hire private security guards, because the cops aren't getting it done. That's gotta sting.
- In a case of whoopsie, cops in Robbins, Illinois, stumbled over dozens of used rape kits for which the paper work has been misplaced. They're sending 'em along to the lab.
- Texas lawmakers are considering a bill that would make it illegal to enforce new federal gun control laws. Just for entertainment value alone ...
- Those stolen diamonds from that movie-worthy heist in Brussels may be gone. They're said to be virtually untraceable.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247