- charged former LAPD cop Christopher Dorner, who may already be in Mexico, with murder, saying “every law-enforcement officer in Southern California is in danger of being shot or killed.” And anyone that might look like Dorner, or even not. The Riverside DA has
- Chuck Hagel may get a vote on his nomination to Secretary of Defense today.
- Senator Dianne Feinstein claims civilian casualties in drone strikes by the U.S. number in the single digits annually.
- Senator Joe Manchin says new restrictions on gun ownership are not necessary to reduce mass shootings.
- The TSA is considering transferring backscatter x-ray machines currently being removed from airport security checkpoints to government buildings. At about $160,000 a pop, the agency is looking for somewhere to deploy the machines.
- The manufacture of solar panels produces millions of pounds of sludge and contaminated water every year. Use of wind power, meanwhile, increased by 20 percent last year.
- North Korea confirms seismic activity detected in the country was the result of a nuclear test. President Obama called the test a “highly provocative act.”
- Pope Benedict XVI says he won’t interfere in the process to choose his successor.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!