- too terrible to contemplate. The White House warns that sequestration's automatic cuts in federal spending, a policy to which the president agreed with Congress, are
- Massachusetts residents with travel plans in mind might want to reconsider. As snow piles up, Governor Deval Patrick has ordered cars off all roads in the state, with one year in jail for violators.
- Members of Congress will once again consider a "cybersecurity" bill that would give the government access to a lot of online data. What are you hiding?
- The owner of a new gun shop in Los Gatos, California, has received death threats — from offended gun control advocates.
- Chicago police have decided that not all 911 calls are officer-worthy. They'll take their time responding if they think the victim isn’t in immediate danger.
- Two women shot by panicked LAPD officers who mistook them for murderous ex-cop Christopher Dorner say they received no warning before the hail of bullets.
- What caused that game-disrupting power outage during the Super Bowl in New Orleans? As it turns out, it was a relay that had been installed to prevent power outages.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247