- Some labor unions are worried that Obamacare will raise their health insurance costs. Sure Nancy Pelosi said you had to pass the bill to find out what’s in it, but that’s no excuse for not seeing this one coming.
- A sexagenarian Illinois woman is suing the city of Evansville and its police department after her home was forcibly entered and raided over a posting someone made using her wifi connection. The internet troll is presumably still at large.
- A second Miami cop turned himself in to authorities on charges of extortion related to a sports-betting protected racket. Meanwhile, another Miami cop was arrested on charges of armed kidnapping and sexual battery.
- Two Oakland cops pointed a gun at a one-year-old in the course of investigating a misdemeanor, according to a report from the independent monitor on police misconduct. And some people want to restrict gun possession to these types.
- Burger King will be DNA testing its meat product to ensure it doesn’t contain pork, lamb or horse. Yum!
- A survey of Chinese firms found that most believed the Middle East and Africa had more favorable business environments than Europe. Mull that one over.
- Ed Koch, the mayor of New York City from 1978 to 1989, died last night.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!