- That Obamacare mandate penalty the Supreme Court ruled was low enough to be considered a tax is now considered by supporters too low to be effective. Some of them want it hiked.
- Military suicides hit a record high this year, surpassing the total number of combat-related deaths for the fourth year in a row.
- Glenn Beck is planning to found a community based on “Galt’s Gulch.” Who’s in?
- The “Chief Technology Officer” for the Baltimore Public Schools resigned amid criticism of his spending habits. $250,000 in tax dollars was spent renovating his office, including the installation of “interactive whiteboards.” Jerome Oberlton is now headed to be the chief-of-staff of the Dallas school district.
- A sheriff in Eastern Kentucky says he won’t enforce any unconstitutional gun control laws that might pass. Law enforcement officers shouldn’t be enforcing any unconstitutional laws.
- European leaders are reluctant to bail out Cyprus, not because they’ve found religion on bailouts, but because of concerns the money would benefit Russian account-holders at Cypriot banks.
- A Saudi newspaper reports that Syria’s Bashar Assad and his family are now living on a warship.
- George H.W. Bush is expected to be discharged from hospital today.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!