- In his quest to make the administration's rush to pass legal restrictions on the right to bear arms look a bit less like a jihad, Joe Biden is sitting down with gun-owner groups, including the NRA.
- In one of its less-than-finer moments, the ACLU is trying to block a New Hampshire tuition tax-credit program, because some families might choose schools with religious affiliations. So ... You've resolved that whole warrantless wiretapping thing, have you?
- In the latest twist in the Indian rape/murder scandal, one of the suspects claims he's been tortured by police. This case isn't getting any less messy.
- Perhaps a bit surprised by the domestic push-back and international kerfuffle, Chinese officials say they'll loosen censorship of a reformist newspaper.
- The trial of Bradley Manning has been pushed back to June, by which time the whistleblower will have spent three years behind bars just waiting. Defense attorneys suggest that failure to hold a speedy trial might justify dropping the whole matter. Don't hold your breath.
- A growing presence in schools around the country, police have taken to arresting students for ... pretty much everything.
- Owners of two spas raided for alleged prostitution are suing the Airway Heights, Washington, Police Department, demanding the return of large sums of money seized by the sticky-fingered constabulary.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.