- Homeland Security paid for first-responders to attend a conference at a California island resort that featured a simulated zombie apocalypse. So, we're covered on the walking dead front.
- Jazzman Dave Brubeck stepped permanently off the stage at 91 years of age.
- Ed Asner does the voice-over for a California Teachers Union video that depicts an animated rich guy urinating on the poor and otherwise oh-so-tastefully fans the flames of class warfare.
- Detroit Councilwoman JoAnn Watson believes her city deserves a little consideration for delivering its votes to President Obama: Specifically, a bailout. “There ought to be a quid pro quo," she said.
- A new IMF study touts tax hikes and warns against budget cuts for governments seeking to dig themselves out of a hole, so get ready for a thorough mugging.
- The next stop on the U.S. military's world tour looks likely to be ... [drum roll] ... Mali!
- Perhaps finding their state's political leadership less than reassuring, Californians are buying guns at an impressive pace.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.