- The investigation into the affair between ex-CIA Director David Petraeus and Paula Broadwell has snared Gen. John R. Allen, the top allied commander in Afghanistan. The FBI has at least 20,000 pages of “potentially inappropriate” communication between Allen and Jill Kelley, who first notified the FBI of emails from Paula Broadwell.
- The can has been kicked further down the road after eurozone finance ministers gave Greece two more years to cut its deficit to 2 percent of GDP.
- Syrian warplanes have been bombing a rebel-held town on the Turkish border for a second day.
- A British court has ruled that a radical Muslim cleric cannot be deported to Jordan thanks to human rights concerns. Abu Qatada is now free, but under strict bail conditions.
- Sen. John Kerry could be reporting for duty once again. The President is considering asking the Democratic veteran to be his next Secretary of Defense.
- Congress is back in session. Presumably we can expect more of the same ahead of the fiscal cliff.
- A Florida man was tased by police for trying to put out a fire approaching his home.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!