Reason is seeking a self-motivated digital marketing and analytics specialist to join Reason's communications and marketing team. You will be responsible for developing and implementing plans for reaching and engaging audiences at Reason.com and other online channels. This will include monitoring and reporting on web analytics to understand audience behavior and identify new opportunities; writing social media posts; posting stories, videos and other media to social platforms and other channels; generating ideas for original social media content and working with staff to execute your ideas; promoting Reason's existing social media accounts; and identifying opportunities for distributing Reason's content to audiences via new channels. You will work closely with the Reason journalism, research, and development teams to report on impact and help understand analytics with an emphasis on identifying actionable strategies for reaching new audiences. You will constantly be on the lookout for new digital partnership opportunities. You will be thoroughly familiar with relevant web and social analytics platforms and generate reports and take action based on data and trends.
Location is flexible and negotiable. Competitive salary and benefits.
- At least 3 years experience in media, publishing, policy research, or related fields
- Experience writing and posting content and engaging audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms
- Demonstrated ability to build audience through social networks
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube analytics, and Parse.ly or similar real-time analytics platforms
- Strong math and analytics skills and experience with spreadsheets, databases, and/or programming.
- Strong interest in new technologies
- Strong writing, communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience with WordPress a plus
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org