Reason is seeking a self-motivated social media specialist to join Reason's communications and marketing team. You will be responsible for developing and implementing plans for reaching and engaging audiences beyond Reason.com. This will include writing social media posts, posting stories, videos and other media to social platforms, generating ideas for original social media content and working with staff to execute your ideas, promoting Reason's existing social media accounts, and identifying opportunities for distributing Reason's content to audiences on emerging platforms. You will work closely with the Reason journalism teams (text, video and audio) as well as the policy research staff to help them implement social media best practices, more effectively reach audiences and build their followings on social media. You will constantly be on the lookout for new social media partnership opportunities. You will be thoroughly familiar with relevant web and social analytics platforms and generate reports and take action based on data and trends. You will also develop and implement Reason's paid social media advertising strategy.
Location is flexible and negotiable. Competitive salary and benefits.
- At least 3 years experience in media, publishing, policy research, or related fields
- Experience writing and posting content and engaging audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms
- Experience creating graphics and good graphic design sensibility
- Demonstrated ability to build audience through social networks
- Experience using web and social analytics to inform organizational strategies and meet objectives
- Experience with paid social media advertising
- Strong interest in new technologies
- Strong writing, communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Parse.ly or similar real-time analytics platforms a huge plus
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com