Are you a fast, careful editor who loves free minds and free markets? Reason wants to hire you. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to do meticulous line edits, proofreading, and fact-checking on deadline. He or she will also have an in-depth understanding of politics and public policy, and an appreciation for the libertarian worldview. Fluency in A.P. style is a major plus. The job has huge potential for growth and includes opportunities to write for Reason's online and print publications as well.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Copy-editing quick-turnaround news items for Reason.com
- Collaborating with editorial staff to help refine longer-form pieces for Reason's print edition
- Liaising with freelancers and assigning stories as appropriate
- Research and fact-checking as needed
- Previous journalism and/or editing experience
- Solid grasp of journalistic practices
- Sharp organizational and writing skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
Location flexible, but Washington, D.C. preferred. Send clips and résumé to email@example.com.