- say that the self-driving Uber vehicle is not at fault in yesterday's deadly collision with a pedestrian. The Washington Post's Megan McArdle argues it's far too soon to tell if self-driving cars are safer than their human-piloted alternatives. Police
- Trump congratulates Putin on his election win, suggests the two will meet in "the not-too-distant future."
- School shooter in Maryland injures two before being killed by armed school resource officer.
- The Senate is set to vote on a resolution withdrawing U.S. personnel from supporting Saudi Arabia's intervention in Yemen.
- Rep. Liz Cheney's sole Republican primary challenger in the race for the state's single congressional seat criticizes her for praising torture, saying, "We're a really red state. We're crusty, old conservative cowboys and miners, and we're rough and tough and opinionated, but we are not torturers."
- California Gov. Jerry Brown says high-speed rail critiques are "bullshit."
Photo Credit: Kyodo/Newscom