- Immigration agents are reportedly planning major raids in Northern California "sanctuary cities" this week.
- Steve Bannon spent 10 hours yesterday before a private panel of the House Intelligence Committee.
- Three-quarters of the National Park Service advisory board retired Monday night in protest of Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke refusing to meet with them.
- A new study of sexual-assault prevention tactics targeting college women finds promising results in a new assertiveness style training, which outperformed currently popular programs on multiple measures.
- The Aziz Ansari sex story "strongly reminded me of most of my 20s," writes Katie Herzog at The Stranger.
I wasn't sleeping with men (unless there were no women in my zip code and there was a large amount of tequila), but—at the risk of betraying the sapphic sisterhood—lesbians can and do have bad sex, too.... although I suspect we're more likely to have a pair or two of cat eyes watching us bone from the litter box. Perhaps there is an unfortunate power deferential between men and and women that makes these icky encounters more traumatic when it's a man and a woman, but we're acting like this is something men exclusively do to women. But, in my experience, women act just like Ansari did with Grace pretty damn often as well.
- New Jersey passes "drinking and droning" law.
- Idaho may make soliciting prostitution a felony offense.
Photo Credit: Paul Hennessy/Polaris/Newscom