- engage in conversation" with whistleblower Edward Snowden to ensure his return from Russia under negotiated terms. No hard feelings, right? Attorney General Eric Holder hinted that the U.S. is prepared to "
- Edward Snowden's asylum will be extended, said the Foreign Affairs Committee Chair of the Russian Duma. He wouldn't want to miss the Olympics, after all.
- The FBI has warned U.S. retailers to prepare for more cyberattacks after discovering about 20 hacking cases in the past year that involved the same kind of malicious software used against Target in the holiday shopping season. As if you needed a better reason to switch to Dogecoin or Coinye West.
- Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) announced a five-point set of issues that Democrats must address to beat “tea party elites” in the 2014 midtern election.
- A Democratic state senator from Seattle introduced a bill that would raise Washington state's minimum wage to $12 an hour over a three year period. Why not make kings of us all and raise it to $20?
- The Syrian government delegation has threatened to quit peace talks in Geneva if "serious" discussions do not begin by tomorrow.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Peter Suderman: Obamacare's 12 false premises and broken promises. Plus: The long, tortured quest for a conservative health policy.
- Consumers should drive medicine
- Jacob Sullum: Prosecutors disarm defendants by freezing their assets
- Ronald Bailey: The Aloha State’s dishonest anti-biotech campaign