- sworn in today for his second term, which looks to be full of sunshine and happiness. Gov. Chris Christie was
- Utah is now being sued for refusing to recognize the gay marriages that were legally performed there after a judge struck down the state’s ban but before a stay was put in place pending appeal. Meanwhile, some gay couples in Florida are suing to try to get the state’s ban on recognizing same-sex marriages there struck down as well.
- Republican Sen. David Vitter has announced he’s running for governor of Louisiana.
- In the latest example of how broken various trademark, copyright and intellectual property laws are, the makers of the video game Candy Crush Saga have managed to secure a trademark on the word “candy” in video game titles (and clothing). According to reports, Apple is enforcing the trademark claim on any apps in their stores.
- Ezra Klein will be leaving the Washington Post to try to start his own news organization after the news company declined to bankroll his efforts.
- Two Las Vegas casinos will start accepting bitcoins for some purchases, dining and their front desks, but apparently not for gambling yet.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.