- Texas will require that architects who apply for an occupational license or are seeking to have a license renewed be fingerprinted as of January 1, 2014.
- The Russian defense minister has said that the Russian military will have 500,000 soldiers on permanent contracts within a decade.
- Lawmakers in Colorado are worried that Denver will not have enough pot on hand to meet demand when recreational marijuana becomes available in the state on January 1, 2014. Bill O’Reilly is not happy about The Denver Post hiring an editor to cover marijuana, who he thinks will be in the business of “promoting intoxication.” In other marijuana-related news, Uruguay is expected to become the first country in the world to legalize the sale of marijuana today.
- The Spanish-language version of the Obamacare website has been launched.
- At least five have been killed amid looting in Argentina, where police are refusing to patrol the streets until their salaries are increased.
- Twitter shares topped $50 today, a new high.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!