- warned banks in the country to avoid Bitcoin, which it says is highly susceptible to being used by criminals and money launderers, and wants transactions registered. The price of a Bitcoin fell after the announcement. Ron Paul, meanwhile, says Bitcoin could become the “destroyer of the dollar” if it starts being used on a massive scale. The Chinese government has
- The FTC is concerned you’re too stupid to tell when you’re reading sponsored content on the internet.
- Detroit’s primary pension plan will appeal the decision by a judge this week that Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy.
- Elizabeth Warren says she will not run for president in 2016 and will serve out her Senate term, similar to promises Barack Obama made prior to the 2008 election.
- An Indiana restaurant has been forced to stop serving free lunches because neighboring businesses complained about the crowd the Thursday offer attracted.
- Martin Bashir has resigned from MSNBC a few weeks after suggesting someone defecate in Sarah Palin’s mouth. Alec Baldwin was previously terminated for getting caught hurling an anti-gay slur at a photographer.
- A truck carrying medical radioactive material that was hijacked yesterday in Mexico has been found. The container holding the cobalt-60 has been open, and the thieves, still at large, may show up seeking medical attention for radiation exposure.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!