- U.S. intelligence officials are increasingly concerned that Islamic rebels fighting in Syria could gain a foothold in the region.
- I’m sure you’ll be stunned to hear that the gyms used exclusively by members of Congress are open despite the government shutdown.
- Half of Americans think that the private sector would do a better job than the government at keeping healthcare costs down.
- Hundreds of supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood have staged protests against the military-backed government at Egyptian universities.
- A new report from the OECD indicates that American adults are behind adults from other developed nations when it comes to literacy and basic math.
- South Korea's Yonhap News Agency is reporting that North Korea has restarted a nuclear reactor.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.