- they get taxpayer-subsidized policies through health exchanges instead. Hmmm. A quirk in Obamacare means that many families will be better off if their employers don't offer healthcare and
- The British government is standing by its decision to detain David Miranda because...terrorism. For his part, Miranda promises legal action.
- Four State Department officials suspended from their jobs after the lethal Benghazi attack are back at work.
- The IRS set up an online registration system that all financial businesses in the world will have to use if they want to do business with Americans — or else face penalties or exclusion from U.S. markets. They'll have to register in English, and wade through complicated rules.
- Robert Mugabe won Zimbabwe's election fair and square, says the country's constitutional court, so move on because there's nothing to see here. Or else.
- California's second-highest court made it easier for cops to forcibly draw blood from motorists without a warrant. Yet another attraction of the place.
- Eight people were injured in an explosion at a naval munitions depot in New Jersey. Clearly, tighter background checks are the answer.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.