- most serious terrorist threat they’ve seen in the past few years. He compared the chatter with the planning for Sept. 11, so it’s a good thing nobody has politically abused that terrorist attack for political gain, thus rendering the invocation meaningless, am I right? The United States closed two dozen embassies over the weekend in North Africa and the Mideast. Sen. Saxby Chambliss says it’s the
- The closures have also been extended for a week for most of them.
- Of course the information the National Security Agency gathers won’t stay at the NSA if other federal agencies have their way. But this was about fighting terrorism, guys!
- Reports of al Qaeda’s demise may have been greatly exaggerated.
- Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe won re-election with 61 percent of the vote.
- The US has gotten involved with mediation efforts in Egypt, sending an envoy to meet with a jailed Muslim Brotherhood leader.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.