- worry the man doesn’t have a plan for his second term and will continue to muddle along leading a schizophrenic government. While promising that his re-election would break the partisan fever in Washington, Barack Obama was privately planning for even more gridlock in Washington. Critics and supporters both
- Fresh off a deal with Harry Reid that prevented the “nuclear option” on filibuster, John McCain now wants a more prominent role in debt talks, something that worries conservatives.
- Barack Obama is set to make a speech at the White House today pitching Obamacare to the American people.
- A Republican Congressman proposes a law that would make it legal for Americans to record conversations with federal employees.
- Edward Snowden fears he might be killed or kidnapped, according to one of his lawyers.
- John Kerry says the removal of Mohammed Morsi in Egypt could’ve averted a civil war.
- The EPA renames its headquarters after Bill Clinton.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year’s Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.