- According to Wikileaks Edward Snowden has sent asylum requests to six more countries.
- Earlier today troops shot at pro-Morsi demonstrators, killing at least three. The leader of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood has demanded that Morsi be reinstated as president.
- Libertarian-leaning members of the GOP are not pleased with the budget Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker signed over the weekend, which they see as another example of government growing itself.
- In the wake of the Supreme Court’s recent rulings on DOMA and Prop. 8 gay activists and their supporters are looking to overturn Florida’s ban on same-sex marriage.
- Thanks to the dwindling supply of drugs needed to carry out lethal injections Missouri may reintroduce gas chambers for executions.
- Republicans are having a tough time tracking down Marine Corps Col. George Bristol, who was in the U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) chain of command during the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi in September last year. Bristol has retired and therefore cannot be compelled to testify before Congress.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year’s Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.