- Neo-nazis in Mongolia are trying to rebrand themselves as environmentalists by inspecting foreign-owned mines for permits.
- Edward Snowden’s father has written an open letter to his son praising him for "summoning the American people to confront the growing danger of tyranny." Glenn Greenwald has said that more NSA revelations are coming soon.
- A Tunisian rapper, who was jailed for insulting police, has been released.
- France’s outrage over NSA surveillance of French communications is being called hypocritical. After all, it’s not as if the French don’t indulge in their own snooping.
- States opting out of Medicaid expansion could jeopardize the implementation of Obamacare.
- Happy UFO Day everyone!
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year’s Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.