- The Pentagon has confirmed that a drone crashed off the coast of Somalia, adding that it was unlikely to have been shot down by Al Qaeda-linked militants.
- German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble has warned that reforming the European welfare model in favor of something resembling U.S. standards would spark a revolution across Europe, where in some countries more than 50 percent of young people are unemployed.
- Tea Party favorite Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) will not be seeking re-election.
- Former Congressman Anthony Weiner is gaining ground in his bid to be New York’s next mayor, polling only six points behind frontrunner City Council Speaker Christine Quinn.
- Two of Obama’s top donors are now founding members of a PAC that supports a Hillary Clinton presidential campaign in 2016.
- Apple chief Tim Cook thinks Google Glass will be interesting, but that Google’s latest gadget won’t appeal to everyone. Speaking at the All Things D Digital Conference Cook said, “Nothing that will convince a kid that's never worn glasses or a band to wear one."
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.