- Readers who are looking forward to taking a dip in their local public pool this summer may want to reconsider given that the CDC found traces of feces 58 percent of the public pools they tested.
- France’s constitutional high court has upheld legislation passed by both the Senate and the National Assembly that allows gay couples to marry and adopt children.
- Four members of the LulzSec hacking group have been sentenced to between two and two-and-a-half years in prison in England.
- A federal judge has temporarily blocked the enforcement of a new law in Arkansas that bans abortions after 12 weeks of a pregnancy.
- The Air Force chief of staff has recommended removing the authority to prosecute military personnel accused of sexual misconduct from the chain of command.
- Former presidential candidate John Edwards has reactivated his license to practice law. The first step of a potential comeback perhaps.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.