- stripped of responsibility for (potentially) blowing up the planet. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel wants to know a little bit more about those 17 Air Force officers
- Tamerlan Tsarnaev's widow hired a lawyer with experience defending terrorism suspects. Probably a wise move.
- The E-Verify system for checking job applicants' immigration status turns the business of making a living into a government-granted privilege, warns the ACLU.
- A bar brawl in Prescott, Arizona, involved a biker gang — of cops.
- Israel is back to the business of building settlements on the West Bank.
- The LAPD faces a lawsuit over its use of license plate recognition technology to track the movements of people who aren't suspected of any crimes. But aren't all of us guilty of something?
- There have been 78,000 applicants so far for a planned private one-way trip to colonize Mars. Frankly, that sounds like a better idea every day.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.