- The Boston bombs were apparently made from explosives and shrapnel packed into pressure cookers. One of the victims was eight-year-old Martin Richard, whose mother and sister were seriously injured. Krystle M. Campbell, 29, was also killed. A third victim has yet to be identified.
- The Internal Revenue Service is ignoring inquiries about its apparent position that pawing through Americans' email requires no warrant. But your notes to your stockbroker — those they find interesting.
- Even after Bitcoin value took a plunge, Argentines find it a better store of value than their own money, and an effective way to escape currency controls.
- Regal Entertainment Group, America's largest theater chain, is cutting back on employees' hours because ... You guessed it! Obamacare is driving up labor costs.
- States are taking the lead on limiting the use of drones in surveillance. Of course, their efforts don't touch the feds.
- U.S. commanders in Afghanistan want to see how local troops handle the job before deciding how many Americans need to stay.
- Taking a very modern approach to governing, many socially conservative state officials have dropped efforts to ban abortion, and are instead trying to regulate it out of existence. Hmmm ... Wonder where they got that idea ...
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247