- expands the federal government’s cybersurveillance program aimed at defense contractors to include private sector employees at big banks, utilities and some transportation companies. An executive order by President Obama
- The Defense Department is delaying furloughs for some employees for at least two weeks after Congress agreed to send more money.
- The NRA is challenging the constitutionality of New York’s recent gun control law in federal court.
- The Department of Justice says up to two-thirds of hate crimes go unreported.
- A federal lawsuit seeks to prevent Arizona from denying driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants.
- Russia says nyet to Cyprus’ request for a bailout.
- Nicolas Sarkozy will be formally investigated for his campaign fundraising activities.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!