- Michelle Obama presented the Oscar for best picture to Argo last night. Daniel Day-Lewis became the first actor to win the Oscar for best actor three times after winning the award for his performance in Lincoln.
- Robert Gibbs was told not to acknowledge or discuss the secretive drone program when he served as White House press secretary.
- Cuban President Raúl Castro has announced that he will resign after his second term ends in 2018.
- South Korea’s new president has said that her government will offer aid and trade to North Korea if the reclusive regime drops its nuclear ambitions.
- NATO says that there is no evidence of misconduct by American special forces in Afghanistan despite allegations made by the Afghan government over the weekend.
- Protests erupted in the West Bank after it was reported that a Palestinian had died while in Israeli custody. The protests come shortly after demonstrations for the release of Palestinian prisoners who are on hunger strikes.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!