- reported injuries of some sort as a result the meteor plunging into the Ural Mountains this morning. The incident was unrelated to the afternoon Earth flyby of asteroid 2012 DA14, which joins the Mayan calendar in failing to doom us all. Lawmakers want hearings on it anyway. More than 1,000 in Russia
- CNN Reporter Martin Savidge, while interviewing passengers of the disabled Carnival cruise ship that finally got towed to shore, attempted to make an absurd comparison to Hurricane Katrina. It did not go well.
- New York City’s teachers’ pension fund has divested from gun manufacturers, so remember that if they miss their return goals any time in the near future.
- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is against a cut in Congressional pay because it would lessen the “respect” for the work Congress does. Apparently the Beltway has cut off circulation to her brain.
- A statement released by the family of South African Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius “disputes in strongest terms” the charges that he murdered his girlfriend Thursday.
- Unemployment problems in France are leading to suicides, some of which are quite public and fiery.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247