- Police may have started the fire that engulfed a cabin at Big Bear Lake in California where a body suspected to be that of ex-LAPD cop Christopher Dorner was found.
- Ted Nugent was not impressed by Obama’s State of the Union address, saying that his favorite part when when he couldn’t hear clearly.
- Pope Benedict XVI has spoken for the first time about this resignation from the papacy, saying that he is stepping down “for the good of the church.”
- The latest North Korean nuke test has been condemned by the U.N. and is being viewed as a test for China’s new leadership.
- Russia, where 40 percent of the population are smokers, has banned smoking in public.
- At least nine civilians, mostly women and children, have been killed by an airstrike in Afghanistan. Three Taliban commanders were also killed.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!