- Leon Panetta will be testifying at the Senate Armed Services Committee on the terrorist attack in Benghazi; he said there wasn’t enough time to respond to the attack, which lasted up to nine hours.
- Some Republicans want to see Mitt Romney’s wife Ann or his eldest son Tagg run in the special election for Senate in Massachusetts.
- Mark Sullivan, the director of the Secret Service, is stepping down.
- A former cop in Camden, NJ was sentenced to four years in prison for conspiring to deny due process and conducting unreasonable searches and seizures.
- Militants disguised as Iraqi cops detonated a car disguised as a police vehicle in an attack on police headquarters in Kirkuk that left dozens dead.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants to be Iran’s first astronaut.
- The Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl despite a surge by the San Francisco 49ers following a 34-minute break in the game caused by power outage.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!