- A teen who performed at President Barack Obama’s inauguration last week was shot and killed in Chicago, which has very strict gun laws.
- Former Arizona Representative and famous mass shooting survivor Gabrielle Giffords attended today’s Senate Judiciary hearings to present the all-too-familiar “Won’t somebody think of the children?” argument for something to be done.
- London’s police chief wants all workers to be tested for illegal drug use, and those who fail should get treatment or be fired.
- A judge has ruled that Jerry Sandusky’s lawyers had plenty of time to prepare his defense, and he will not be granted a new trial.
- The U.S. attorney’s office in Massachusetts may have another PR problem on its hands. They may have arrested and temporarily imprisoned the wrong man in a gang raid. Apparently he looked like a criminal. I bet most of us look like criminals to the U.S. attorney’s office.
- The FBI has raided the office of a Miami doctor who is suspected of helping provide underage Dominican prostitutes to New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez. Menendez denies the allegations.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247