- “Organizing for Action,” the post-election iteration of the Obama campaign machinery, will need volunteers to raise their own money to access voter lists the Obama campaign held, upsetting some supporters.
- Joe Biden spent inauguration weekend getting ready for a potential 2016 run for president.
- Rand Paul will decide on a run for the presidency within two years. He says the GOP risks permanent minority status if it doesn’t become more libertarian.
- Algeria’s prime minister says a Canadian citizen coordinated last week’s raid of an oil field.
- Russia is beginning to evacuate its citizens from Syria, after two years of conflict.
- Teachers in France are protesting an attempt by the Socialist president to extend the school week to five days.
- Meanwhile, the former president Nicholas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni may be moving to London to escape the new 75 percent tax rate on the rich.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!