- President Barack Obama will be introducing a package of gun regulation proposals tomorrow. His plan for a new “assault weapons” ban is drawing opposition.
- Legislation moving forward in Mississippi would prohibit poorly performing school districts from vetoing the creation of charter schools in their midst.
- Speaking of education competition, when will “no tolerance” school rules die already? Two 6-year-olds were suspended from an elementary school for playing “cops and robbers” during recess.
- Need more reasons why government involvement in disaster recovery creates more problems than it fixes? FEMA and zoning laws make it a nightmare for any victims of Hurricane Sandy to rebuild their own homes.
- Even though Washington State has legalized marijuana use, authorities in Bellevue are still prosecuting pot cases.
- The Miami Dolphins want taxpayers to help pay for $400 million in stadium renovations.
- French President Francois Hollande says his country’s troops will remain in Mali until stability is restored. Well … good luck with that.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247