- That fiscal cliff thing? Yeah ... Democrats and Republicans are playing chicken as the deadline looms.
- In particular, Tim Geithner and John Boehner got into it over taxes, on Sunday. Yes, national finances really are in the hands of these people.
- With a report on manufacturing due today, economists bet the economy slipped in November, as capital spending slipped and Superstorm Sandy mucked-up the works.
- Taliban suicide bombers hit a base in eastern Afghanistan, killing themselves and Afghan soldiers and civilians, and wounding NATO troops.
- Now that the Leveson report has British parliamentarians all hot and bothered over a chance to extend their control over the press, a civil libertarian adviser to the inquiry cautions that forcing the media into some regulatory scheme is actually illegal.
- Kim Kardashian's visit to Bahrain sparked riots. Well, of course it did.
- Police say Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Javon Belcher killed his girlfriend, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and killed himself in front of his coach and general manager.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.