- Hamas and Israel have agreed to a ceasefire brokered by Egypt. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said “more forceful action” may be used if the truce doesn’t hold.
- Ill. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s political career ends with a whimper, and likely a federal investigation. He submitted his letter of resignation today.
- Mediation between Hostess and the bakers union failed, so back into liquidation the company goes.
- Can we get rid of at least one stupid, meaningless political tradition? The governor of Iowa wonders if the state’s pointless but highly publicized presidential straw poll is worth keeping.
- The National Labor Relations Board will likely not have the time to determine before Thanksgiving whether the Black Friday (to the extent that it’s still on Friday) walk-out threat by workers is essentially illegal picketing.
- A police officer who wrote a $2,500 ticket to an Oklahoma woman because her 3-year-old son peed in their own yard has been fired. Of course, he will probably appeal and get his job back.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.