- Tropical Storm Isaac is now officially Hurricane Isaac. New Orleans preps to get drenched. We’re not the only ones though – a typhoon in South Korea has killed nine.
- Republican voters choose their Senate candidate in today’s Arizona primaries. Rep. Jeff Flake is the front-runner.
- A deaf 3-year-old named Hunter in Grand Island, Neb., has been told by school officials that he needs to change the gesture he uses for his own name because it looks like a weapon. If you are stupid.
- Proposed pension reform for California public employees will raise retirement ages and cap the salary level used to determine benefits, but will not shift to a 401(k) program.
- The U.S. military wants the whole world to know about its l33t hacking skills. Does anybody still use “l33t” anymore or has the “Get on my level!” raging supplanted it?
- Britain’s press watchdog received thousands of complaints from citizens that publishing naked photos of Prince Harry violated his privacy. Also, his abs needed a touch more tone. Really, the Olympics have made them all body-conscious.
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.